the Wonderful world of Solids

9.25.2010

Jonah started eating solids about a month ago. He slowly has progressed from rice cereal to several different types of fruits and veggies. Some are more welcomed than others:) I've enjoyed making the food myself. Every minute of the process has been fun-from picking the fresh/local produce, to steaming, baking, pureeing, and storing! I not only have found great comfort in knowing exactly what is being put in that little growing body of his, but have realized it is significantly cheaper to do it on my own. A great online resource I have used can be found here-it lists what is appropriate to feed your little one at each stage, recipes, and tips in preparing homemade baby food. I look forward to the many more foods, tastes, and textures he will soon begin to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment