A month of 'thankfuls' -- November 2012

12.08.2012


Throughout the month of November I committed to writing something I was thankful for each day on Facebook.  Being a firm believer of personal reflection and gratitude and the joy that comes from it, I gladly accepted the opportunity.  I wanted to make sure to document  here on our blog, so I can reflect in later months and years. Without further adieu..

Day 1: I am so thankful that God continues to make himself present in my life. He quietly reminds me He is always near and hears my prayers of worry, anxiety, and fear. He grants an indescribable peace when needed.

Day 2: I am thankful for my husband. I am so blessed to have such an inspiring man, amazing father and best friend forever by my side.

Day 3: I am thankful for a strong physical body. Exercise has a lot to do with breaking down our physical barrier in order to look at our mental barriers. Being physically active provides an escape for me and relieves stress that I otherwise would carry. Often when I am running I think about all the muscles working to get me to where I am at that moment. Without a healthy heart, and strong lungs I wouldn't be at that mile marker--for that I am grateful. :-)

Day 4: I am thankful for a warm place to call home.

Day 5: I am thankful to live in a free country. Despite what this election has brought our country to--the turmoil of different political views, I am proud to say that I am an American and thankful that I have a chance to vote.

Day 6: I am thankful I get to experience and see the bond my son and husband share. I love that Jonah is so excited to spend every moment he can get with his father, tell him everything about his day; share a new idea, word, or ask to play with him the moment Patrick walks in the door from work. Witnessing their happiness makes me happy.

Day 7: I am thankful God is the One in control. Always.

Day 8: I am thankful for God given friendships that I know will last a lifetime:)

Day 9: I am thankful that I get to be a mommy. Being called "mommy" is the best name, hands down.

Day 10: I am thankful that God gives us seasons--I've seen so many beautiful fall colors lately. It's God's work that is vividly around us every day, and it's breathtaking.

Day 11: I am so very thankful to all who have served our country so we can enjoy the freedom we have.

Day 12: I am thankful God protects my husband when he's flying. I hear the sounds of jet engines over my house frequently, which often lead to silent pleas to God for my husband's protection. I am so thankful He faithfully hears and answers them.

Day 13: I am so very thankful for family traditions and the lengths that are taken to make them occur year after year:)

Day 14: I am very thankful for the much needed "me time" given to me today:)

Day 15: I cannot express how thankful I am for the amazing NINE years of marriage God has blessed me and Patrick with. Nine years ago, today, I married the love of my life and best friend. I cannot wait to see what the future years bring. I am so grateful I get spend forever with him. Happy Anniversary, hunny--I love you!

Day 16: I am so thankful I have most of our Christmas shopping done and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!! I have stayed one step ahead this year...woop woop!

Day 17: I am thankful that God hears my prayers. I am pretty sure I've already noted this thought on day one, but I think it's worth mentioning again. He knows our hearts and minds and always here's us. He is always here and I love that.

Day 18: I am thankful today and in awe of the way God works through others in my life to uplift and encourage me. God's love is visible in so many ways.

Day 19: So very thankful for the funny moments I get to experience with my family--We have recently discovered that Jonah is very serious and particular about his dancing and singing..quite comical--these moments of joy and laughter make my heart full.

Day 20: I set out to make my Grandma's famous crescent rolls today for the dinner my family will enjoy come Thursday. A thanksgiving meal isn't complete without Grandma Reimer's rolls. Its tradition--and with this tradition, it always brings forth remembrance of my Grandma and her legacy; holding a strong faith, gentle spirit, and grateful heart. As I cut the cold butter into the flour today and roll out the dough come tomorrow..she will be in my thoughts, as she is every Thanksgiving. So today-I am thankful for the chance to remember her-her faith, the memories we shared together, and her infectious smile--all while striving to perfect her 'buttery, melt in your mouth, perfect for getting every last drop off your plate' Thanksgiving rolls.

Day 21: I am thankful for beautiful, sweet and loving friends who happily watch Jonah when I need a few hours of time for myself, or when Patrick and I would like a date night out. They all hold a nurturing kind spirit that leaves us feeling confident Jonah is in good hands when away. I don't know what I'd do without you Rosa J. Rodriguez, Rosanna Head Rowland, and Ashley Michelle Serry! You all are truly a blessing in our lives:)

Day 22: I am thankful for Thanksgiving!!! I am thankful for the delicious food I get to prepare, smell, and devour, smiles I get to see, laughter I can hear, and time I get to endure with my family today. May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Day 23: I am thankful for Christmas decorations!!..the smell, look, taste, sounds of Christmas are echoing in my house and I am like a little girl again..I love it!

Day 24: I am thankful for good sleep:)

Day 25: I am thankful for God's plan and provision. Jeremiah 29:11 speaks volumes.

Day 26: Today I am thankful for modern medicine. Colds, flus, and upset stomachs would be so much worse without modern remedies:)

Day 27: Just when I think my baby boy is growing slightly more independent, getting to be a big boy(which he is undoubtedly so), he wakes up at 4am whimpering and the only request he makes is "Rock me, please'". I couldn't resist the urge to embrace his need for comfort. I sat there rocking Jonah this am smiling, because these are the moments of being a mom that are so very worth it. So today, (I am sure I've noted this in earlier days this month..) I am thankful to be a mommy, thankful that I am needed and can be present where God has called me to be--even if its in a rocking chair at 4am :-)

Day 28: I am thankful today that God is teaching me a lot about patience.

Day 29: I am thankful I get to enjoy and do what makes me happy--baking cakes, and decorating them! It's so fun (and such an escape) to find that I have been working on some gumpaste flowers for a little over 2 hours..and it hasn't gotten old..it's fun and so worth the result! :)

Day 30: I am so thankful for this past month--each and every day has allowed me much needed reflection and thought. Looking forward to December and the gratitude within.




No comments:

Post a Comment