Meet our new family addition..

4.16.2010


Jonah Allan Hancock
born April 12, 2010 at 8:44pm
8.3 lbs, 20.5 inches

I went in for my induction at 9am, Monday, April 12th. After receiving my epidural around noon, I quickly progressed through the stages and delivered Jonah at 8:44pm. It was an amazing, emotional experience. God truly has blessed us. I never would have imagined the love that one can have for a child. I am so thankful God has given us that opportunity.

Jonah was born on a very special day. It would have been my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary. Before they passed I hoped that they would be able to see their grandson. Even though God took them both home before his arrival, I know that they were smiling from above. In addition, we carried on the tradition of cousins in our family sharing the same birthday. Patrick's cousin, Robbie, was born 2 years to the day of his arrival, and now Jonah was born 4 years to the day of his cousin, Kaitlyn. Here are a few pictures just hours after his birth with family...






3 comments:

Pat McCarter said...

Love the comments you made.

The Edelbrocks said...

I love him~~~ What a doll. I can't wait to meet him in person!

Jenn said...

Thanks for inviting me! =) Cute blog and now we can better keep in touch! I lOVE your little one, may he continue to bring you such joy. Congrats again Sarah!

Post a Comment